Where to Buy Habiturf
We may earn commissions for purchases made through links on our site. Learn more on our about us page.
Habiturf is a wonderfully lush blend of native grasses that just begs to be frolicked upon while barefoot!
Habiturf is a blend of native grasses ideal for your specific area and requires much less maintenance than typical lawn grass. It can be purchased from a variety of places, but your best bet is a local nursery.
What is the Average Price for Habiturf?
While the price for Habiturf depends on your area and the specific blend of grass, you are looking for. You can expect to spend around $70 for a 2-pound bag of seed mix, which is suitable for around 500 square feet of lawn space.
While this is significantly more expensive than your typical grass seed, you can expect Habiturf to last much longer. Due to its native seed blend, the grass will thrive every year without needing to be reseeded.
Can You Buy it Online?
Habiturf can be bought online from a variety of retailers. Buying Habiturf online can be much more convenient if you are unable to find it at a local nursery. You can expect to pay a premium for shipping, though, since it is a bulky item to ship.
If you are looking for what variety to purchase, you should first research the native grass in your area. Along with the native grass, keep in mind the attributes you want in your Habiturf lawn.
- Maintenance – Some grasses require more maintenance than others, so this should be noted when searching for Habiturf
- Drought Tolerance – If you are looking for something that will survive extreme drought, make sure you pick a blend that is suitable for arid climates
While there are many other variables in seed blends, these are the main things you should focus on when looking online for Habiturf.
Is Habirutf Overpriced?
Pricing at roughly six times that of traditional grass seed, Habiturf is quite a bit more expensive than most are willing to pay. But does the luxury price yield a luxurious result? That may depend.
Habiturf is often a luscious, cushion(y) alternative to traditional grass, making it very desirable to those who spend a considerable amount of time on their lawn.
Along with being soft as a cloud, Habiturf typically requires very little maintenance, often never needing to be mowed.
Is it High Maintenance?
Habiturf is extraordinarily low maintenance. Along with seldom mowing, Habiturf rarely needs to be watered and can go for extended periods without irrigation!
These two characteristics make Habiturf extremely environmentally friendly and economically favorable. This is because you will save time and money by not having to water or mow your lawn.
Compared to traditional grass, Habiturf is much more efficient at filtering carbon from the atmosphere, giving you fresh, clean air.
Things You Need to Know About Habiturf Before Buying it
Before pulling the trigger on Habiturf, you may want to consider a few things:
- Your Location – Traditionally, the seed blend for Habiturf is buffalograss, blue grama, and curly mesquite, so you would want to make sure these grasses are suitable for your climate.
- Your Desired Look – While some may find the appearance of Habiturf to be lush and inviting, others may be thrown off by the somewhat untraditional look. This should definitely be considered before making the switch.
- Sun Exposure – Although drought tolerant and low maintenance, Habiturf’s main drawback is that it requires a good amount of sunlight each day. While it can tolerate about 50% shade, the more sun, the better the growth will be.
With these three things in mind, you should be able to decide whether Habiturf is right for you and your lawn!
Habiturf is a great environmentally friendly way to upgrade your lawn while saving money in the long run. However, while Habiturf does have many benefits, it is not the right choice for everybody.
Habiturf is considerably more expensive to buy than traditional grass seed. However, you will likely not need to reseed nearly as often. You will also be saving money on maintenance costs, such as watering and mowing, by switching to Habiturf.
If you’ve considered all of the specifics as to whether Habiturf is up to you, the next step is to give it a shot!
Then, when summer drought comes along, and your neighbors are spending hundreds of dollars watering their lawns, you could be having a picnic on your soft bed of Habiturf!